There have been some interesting links popping up on my Facebook newsfeed lately. One worth sharing is this page on 50 Life Hacks to Simplify Your World i.e. low-budget tips and tricks to make your life easier. A few that particularly stood out include:
Another link which appealed was based on egg whites as healing miracle for burns. As they are natural collagen, egg whites helps regenerate the burned area. After spraying the affected area with cold water to stop the burning, spreading layers upon layers of egg whites will apparently help minimize the pain & reduce scarring. Who would’ve thought!
Given all this sharing & egg talk, how about sharing a recipe…in particular a recipe of a recent lunch of mine? As delicious as eggs & avocado taste together, the Californican Omelet cranks that combo up a notch or 5.
While this isn’t a life hack or DIY home remedy, it will surely leave your stomach feeling content afterwards.
Californican Omelet –Serves 1
- 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 1/3 avocado, cut into chunks (set aside a bit for garnishing)
- Coat skillet with olive oil or cooking spray and place over low to medium heat.
- Crack eggs, salt & pepper into a mixing bowl & beat well with a fork.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and immediately swirl the pan around so the egg coats the entire skillet. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Once the egg starts to firm up, sprinkle cheese & avocado across one half of the omelet, and fold over. Flip the entire omelet carefully, which should now be shaped like a half moon.
- Cook omelet for a further 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Prior to serving, spread a layer of salsa across the omelet & top with the remaining chunks of avocado
And yes, any recipe involving avocadoes is suddenly Californian…the same way salsa in a recipe automatically makes it Mexican ;).
What’s your favorite omelet addition?