Flashback Friday

by Khushboo on May 24, 2013

Lately everyone keeps throwing out TV show recommendations like Homeland, Scandal, Revenge & Game of Thrones and I’m still here watching Full House.  I couldn’t help but feel a burst of excitement when I saw copies of the show lurking on the shelves at my local DVD store last week.  I got through 24 episodes much quicker than expected, and it definitely made me smile as much as I remember.

photo-4

I might be turning 25 in 10 days but Full House will never get old.  Judging by Instagram, apparently I’m not the only Full House fan.  Chances are many of you will revel in some other blasts from the past:

jkr-cheestrings-redesign_highres

Crayola

lisa_frank_worldcopy

Nestle drumsticks

beanie-bears-beanie-babies-278292_336_318

Spice girls

tamagotchi

monster munch

berenstain bears

Gameboy

shoelaces

Man I feel bad for kids growing up nowadays…they sure are missing out :)!

Who was your favorite Full House character?

What book/food/product/band takes you back to your childhood?

Hamisha May 24, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Michelle – the lil baby 🙂 aka olsen twins

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:25 am

They are too cute…well were!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 24, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Beanie babies! Spice Girls! The Berenstain Bears! Ahh, I love all the reminders of my childhood!

I was obsessed with Barbies when I was a kid – seeing them always takes me back to the good old days.

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:26 am

Believe it or not, I never owned a Barbie…crazy I know :)!

Taryn May 24, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Stephanie was definitely my favorite! And omg, Lisa Frank! THAT brings me back to childhood for sure.

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:26 am

Long live Stephanie’s catchphrase “How Rude” 😉

Parita @ myinnershakti May 24, 2013 at 5:58 pm

DJ was my favorite. Her character reminds me a lot of me! I still remember the Full House finale. My family and I had a picnic in our living room to watch it, and afterwards, I ran into the bathroom and cried my eyes out. Hahahaha. Have a great weekend, K!

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:27 am

What did you think of the finale? I just watched in but am not sure it was the best ending!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 24, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Oh girl, you were definitely right about me loving this post! It makes me sad as well to think that kids these days are missing out on the wonderful-ness that was Lisa Frank, beanie babies, Dunkaroos, Tamagotchis, and Full House. I still watch that show whenever it comes on, and I still love it pretty much as much as I did back in the day. It’s kind of hard to pick a favorite, since they all balanced each other out so perfectly, but I did love Uncle Jesse 😉

Happy Friday!!

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

OMG Dunkaroos….do these still exist?? If so, I need to find a packet asap!! And Uncle Jesse is a favorite too…for obvious reasons 😉

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 24, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I adored DJ. Like, I wanted to be her when I grew up. LOL!

Happy Friday!!!

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:30 am

Haha she was such a goodie 2 shoes ;)!

Lucie@FitSwissChick May 24, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Oh Spice Girls!! Crayons – and GAME BOY!! I miss these times.
I was crazy for David Hasselhoff I have to admit (didn’t he even have a song called ‘Crazy for you’?! 🙂 ) and I was definitely obsessed with Kindereggs. Actually, Kindereggs are still on my daily mealplan 🙂

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:31 am

Are the Kinderegg toys still as fun?? 🙂

dixya| food, pleasure, and health May 24, 2013 at 8:06 pm

this post is soo adorable..I loved little twins and had a crush on Uncle Jesse :P. Crayola and Nintendo is something I still adore and takes me back to days where me and brother had to fight over it.

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:33 am

I was especially obsessed with Crayola, especially when they came out with the crayon sharpeners!

Alex @ therunwithin May 24, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I think I had all of these. I had an unreal selection of beanie babies. like trashbags full when we started to clear them out. Also do you remember power bead bracelets? I had so many of those. Wore them all up my arms

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:34 am

YES..of course I do! I wasn’t the typical girlie girl growing up but those bracelets were an exception ;)!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 24, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Full House was and will forever be one of my favorite shows EVER. I of course loved Michelle when I was little, but now I relate more to DJ. Stephanie still annoys me! 😉

So many fun flashbacks here! I was a Lisa Frank fanatic, and owned the binders, folders, pencil boxes etc. etc. Is her line still sold? Gosh, I wish I’d held on to those things; they’ll be valuable antiques someday!

As for every other item you listed: huge fan of them all! Happy Friday, Khushboo! <3

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:35 am

Haha yess about Stephanie- she’s always such a downer ;)! I held on to my beanie babies for a while thinking they’d eventually be valuable antiques…I finally gave up a few years ago and donated them all away!

Sophia May 25, 2013 at 3:48 am

Ooh I’m a bit obsessed with House of cards- it’s fantastico! And I am so very excited about Dexter series 8!!! I love dexter! Your childhood looks so colorful and fun Kushboo 😉 Harry Potter, was my Childhood lol and spice girls, Britney spears, Buffy the vampire slayer, orange wedges after school and big bowls of pasta after a long day playing outside after school (every afternoon was an adventure!!) I have always eaten a really big variety of foods (hummus,olives,sushi etc) since I was little so a lot of meals bring back a nice memory 🙂 hope you have a fabulous weekend Kushboo! Lots of hugs Sophia

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:38 am

As crazy as it sounds, I was one of those who just could never get into Harry Potter…books or movies! Maybe I ought to give it another shot… :)!

P May 25, 2013 at 3:50 am

I don’t think I can ever get tired of watching shows I used to grow up with. It just comes with that great feeling of nostalgia and good memories.

My fave FH character was teenage Stephanie. I first watched reruns of Full House when I started middle school, and I daydreamed about being in a girl group with friends like Mickey and Gia…haha!

I used to have at least one Lisa Frank school supply item each year in elementary school!

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:43 am

Getting new Lisa Frank stationery always got me excited about the start of a new term 🙂 !

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 25, 2013 at 6:10 am

I am pretty sure that I have seen every episode of Full House at least 5 times each! 😉 And I am seriously so glad that you posted that cassette tape of the Spice Girls. I was absolutely obsessed with them as a girl, and I remember buying my friend that cassette for her birthday and she thought I was the best friend ever! 😉

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:45 am

It was always such a treat when a good song came on..otherwise rewinding and fast forwarding cassettes could be a pain :)!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 25, 2013 at 7:37 am

So….I’ve never seen an episode of Full House. Like ever. Am I a bad person? 😉

Yeesss Spice World, gameboy and beanie babies. Throw some barbies and polly pockets in there and you basically have my childhood summed up 😉

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:47 am

No Full House….shame on you, my friend ;)! And Polly Pocket is another blast from the past- ah good times :)!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 25, 2013 at 8:42 am

This made me both sad and full of joy all at the same time! Happy because many of these hold special places in my memories- Lisa Frank, Spice Girls, Tomagotches… but then sad due to the reality that I am an adult. Being an adult sucks a lot of the time lol, please take me back to childhood when my biggest issues involved whether or not to share my barbies 😉

Khushboo May 25, 2013 at 10:47 am

Hahaha and trying to find ways to avoid eating the greens on my plate ;)!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig May 25, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I love this! I loved my tamagotchi. I got this super advanced one that had to be fed every 2 hours or it would die. I got caught sneaking out of class to feed it! … and don’t even get me started on the Spice Girls 😉

Khushboo May 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Hahah how long did yout tamagotchi last? You sound like a pretty good mama-gotchi 🙂

Meghan @ After the Ivy League May 27, 2013 at 12:50 am

The Bernstein bears!! I loveddd those books! And Lisa Frank heck yes. Also I still eat string cheese on the reg.

And favorite full house character was always Stephanie, ‘cause she was a middle child and I was a middle child I always felt like I related to her!

Khushboo May 27, 2013 at 11:03 am

Haha I’m glad the Berenstain Bears resonated with you…did you ever read Curious George?

honeywhatscooking May 27, 2013 at 6:30 am

omg.. when is your b’day? mine’s June 14. Loved Full House growing up… my favorite character was probably Becky and DJ.. I was more into the girly stuff. Hope you had a great weekend. 🙂

Khushboo May 27, 2013 at 11:04 am

High 5 to a fellow Gemini- my birthday is June 4th :)!

Allie May 29, 2013 at 2:14 am

I LOVE everything about this post!! Can someone bring back the 90s, please? Your IG Full House post left me so nostalgic 🙂 Did you ever watch Home Improvement? That was a regular must-watch for me around the same time too.

Khushboo May 29, 2013 at 8:28 am

Ah Did I ever!! Wanna hear something crazy: Jonathan Taylor Thomas is 31 now!!!

Allie May 30, 2013 at 2:39 am

For real?? Oh my god, I suddenly feel so old and out-of-date…

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets May 29, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I love the Bernstein Bears. I seriously owned and read every single one. Nancy Drew and the Sweet Valley Girls too, once my reading advanced past a grade one level. Cute post; great memories.

Khushboo May 29, 2013 at 5:59 pm

OMG loved Sweet Valley too…kids, high & university!