Friday Favorites: Landan Style

by Khushboo on December 14, 2012

Gah how is it ALREADY Friday!!  This week has flown by and I kinda wish time could slow down a bit.  Before I know it, I’ll be in Heathrow heading back to Mumbai.  Fast or not, it sure has been a good week and some of my favorites include:

1) Mulled wine: I had my first taste the other night and I’m a fan.  It reminded me of a cross between sangria & chai…sounds strange but tastes delicious.

2) Winter Wonderland: Some things are worth venturing into the cold for and this corner of Hyde Park is definitely one of them.  With rides, an outdoor skating rink, wooden chalets, stalls with various foods, hot chocolate & mulled wine, games, and carols playing in the background, it really epitomizes Christmas.  I took my walk there on Tuesday and let’s just say, walking around Winter Wonderland sure beats walking on a treadmill!

3) Store displays: As gorgeous as the Christmas lights are, I can’t help appreciate some of the store window displays especially Agent Provocateur’s in Selfridges:

4) Chocolate Hazelnut Pinkberry: Yes I’m whining about how cold it is, yep I’m layering up but somehow I still manage to get my fro yo fix.  Although this flavor has been around for a while, I only tried it a few days ago and 2 words: I die!  It tastes straight up like Nutella.

Source

5) The Santa Suit: You know you’re in London when you wake up and check the weather before your email.  The temperature yesterday hit -1*C and it sure felt like it.  After going out for a bit in the morning, I came home and stayed put.  It was the perfect day to kick back & watch a Christmas movie on TV.  I’d never heard of The Santa Suit but I enjoyed it- cheesy & heartwarming!

What are you loving this week?

What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

Alex @ therunwithin December 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

i have only been to pinkberry once in my life but that makes me want to try it again. sounds yummy. never had mulled wine either…

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Quite a bold statement to make but Pinkberry is one of the best fro yo outlets around!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig December 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Where is Pinkberry?? I must try it! I want to go see the Winter Wonderland too… I better hurry up haha

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Ohh it’s in Selfridges Food Hall…if you feel like going Anti-Paleo, we can go there ;) !

TorontoRunner December 14, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I love my Home Alone movie!
Pinkberry is sooo good!

I’m loving ferrero rochers this week :D It always reminds me/my family of the holidays!!

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Oh Ferrero Rochers are the best- they remind me of my childhood!

Parita @ myinnershakti December 14, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Have you seen Love Actually? I LOVE IT!!! Believe it or not, Vishnu introduced me to it a few years ago. It’s one of his favorite movies…ever! Shhh…don’t tell him I said that!! :) Have a great weekend, K!!

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Love Actually is such a great movie- so feel good!

Allie December 14, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I didn’t eat froyo all summer. Now that it’s cold out? I get it at least once a week. There’s no understanding froyo cravings ;) And chocolate hazelnut flavor sounds amazing! Although I’m so hooked on seasonal gingerbread flavor right now! That’s definitely what I’m loving this week.

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Ohh I’m intrigued by this gingerbread flavor- have you tried the gingerbread lattes at Starbucks? They’re yum!

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure and Health December 14, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I love Love Actually too, could watch it anytime :) the idea of mulled wine sounds fantastic, maybe I should try making my own over the weekend. This week went by rather quick. Loved my visits to IKEA and just drinking lots of green/mint tea at my new patio.

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Ohh I love IKEA too- it’s like a little playground and the slashed prices only fuel my love for the place ;) !

Brittany December 14, 2012 at 11:53 pm

OMG that froyo..WOW! That sounds amazing. Winter Wonderland sounds like a blast, and I love the naughty store photo bahah! My favorite Christmas movie is probably the Grinch.

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Can you believe I’ve never seen the Grinch!! I think it’s time I rent it!

Honey What's Cooking December 15, 2012 at 12:03 am

Looks like you are having a fab time. So funny, I learned about mulled wine just yesterday, I was watching Ina Garten make it with a cabernet wine.. looked very good. I wanna make it now. :)
Favorite Christmas Movie – I guess Home Alone, it’s a classic. There is While you were sleeping – parts of it has Christmas. Have a great time K, and I hope you got around to trying Paul’s Hot Chocolate.

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Home Alone is such a classic- I went through a phase when I was growing up where I watched it every single day for like a year ha ha!

Krystal@Ms.Random December 15, 2012 at 2:55 am

My fav Xmas movies are “The Santa Clause”, “The Holiday” (with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz), and “Love Actually”.

Lately, I am addicted to the show Scandal….so good!
Enjoy the rest of your UK trip!

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm

The Santa Clause is another one of my favorites- I need to watch it at least once every Xmas!

Jess December 15, 2012 at 4:50 am

Nutella Fro Yo! I could definitely handle that, even in freezing weather. It sounds amazing!!! I want to walk around the Christmas wonderland drinking mulled wine! :)

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm

There are some foods which are worth freezing our butts off for ;) !

Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 15, 2012 at 7:57 am

Oh my lordy you are sooo so right about that pinkberry flavor, it is magically delicious! Yes I am taking a quote from Lucky Charms :) The closest one to me is about 25 minutes away but let me tell you, I make special trips at least once a week! Have a lovely weekend my friend

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm

“Magically delicious”–> I might have to start using this catchphrase :D

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Oooh, I LOVE mulled wine! I actually made it for the party I hosted tonight, and had one too many glasses. ;) You’re right–it’s like sangria and chai’s *hot* cousin! :-p

Selfridge’s might be my favorite department store ever. I remember spending hours in the food hall there–so fun! Last year, I took a short trip to NYC before Christmas, and really enjoyed seeing all the window displays. Each one is truly a piece of art!

I had no idea that Pinkberry had made it’s way to London!?! Chocolate hazelnut is my favorite current flavor, too! However, I think peanut butter (another seasonal flavor) is my all-time favorite. Unlike other companies’ peanut butter froyo, Pinkberry’s actually contains real peanut butter–and lots of it! It’s unbelievably rich and indulgent. :)

I’m so glad you’re having a wonderful time in London! I wish I could be there exploring with you! xoxo

Khushboo December 15, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Their hot cousin who makes an appearance once a year ;) ! I NEED to try this peanut butter flavor at Pinkberry – here’s hoping it comes to London while I’m here :) !

Kat December 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Ive never been to Pinkberry. In LA we literally have a froyo shop on every corner. We have two in the same plaze across the street from me!

Khushboo December 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Wow..not jealous at all ;) !

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 16, 2012 at 4:56 am

My favourite Christmas movie is a tie between Love Actually, The Family Stone, and The Santa Clause. I try to watch all 3 of them every holiday season. :D

I’ve only had Pinkberry once, but I remember it being really good! I just found out my local fro yo place had a gingerbread flavour right now, so I’m making plans to go ASAP!

Khushboo December 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Love Santa Clause too- it never gets old! Hope you got some fro yo this weekend :) !

Ameena December 17, 2012 at 3:52 am

I’m getting really nervous about the weather in London…I think that my husband is going to freak out when we get there! We might be doing a lot of movie watching. :)

Khushboo December 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Good news: the weather has become SO much milder since Friday….and the forecast for the next week looks great! Perhaps the worst is over?

JoJo December 17, 2012 at 6:17 am

I love frozen yogurt! It’s everywhere here in California, Yogurtland is the best though (I personally think).. Many flavors and toppings!
I would love to try the mulled wine since I love both chain and sangria! :)

Khushboo December 17, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I’ve never been to Yogurtland but I love that its self serve….much more suited for people like me who doesn’t like to commit to one flavor ;) !

JoJo December 17, 2012 at 6:23 am