**Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!! **
In terms of food, I am not formally celebrating Thanksgiving….unless you count my Thanksgiving-inspired dinner from last night. As for the whole spread, I will be eating vicariously through those who are celebrating .
However I would like to participate in the more important part about Thanksgiving: expressing gratitude. Although a post alone cannot do justice to all that I am grateful for in life, it’s a start. So here goes:
1) My family: Sure they drive me crazy every so often, and like any other family we experience each others’ mood swings. But at the same time, their love, support, and advice continue to shape who I am. I know some people view “family time” as a burden but to me, it sounds pretty damn ideal!
2) My friends because they’re the family we choose for ourselves, right? Acquaintances aside, I am fortunate to have a number of people, both near and far, who I can count on, who care about me and who bring out the best in me.
3) My health & that of those I care about: I might lead a healthy life but I’m fortunate that it’s my choice. No doctor is suggesting I engage in physical activity 5 days a week; no disease is forcing me to follow a certain diet. My health is up & kickin’ and that alone is enough reason for me to cherish & nurture it.
4) My job: Although next week is actually my last day at my current job, I am so grateful to have worked here for the last 15 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. In my entire working “career”, it’s the only job where I know that I am doing my work well. I don’t mean that in an arrogant way, but more that it has given me so much confidence in my own abilities..enough to make me feel ready to start a venture of my own.
5) The little things: from rediscovering clothes in my closet which I otherwise forgot about to a good night’s sleep, Instagram, and unintentional puns, it’s these minor details of life which make me smile as I get on with day-to-day life. .
And because I am equally grateful materialistic parts of life:
6) Dry shampoo: Any girl will agree that washing our hair can be such a lengthy process. For someone who can’t handle an ounce of grease in her hair, dry shampoo has been a godsend for me!