**Wishing Everyone a Very Happy Diwali!**
As tomorrow is actually Diwali (and hence a public holiday), today feels more like a Faux Friday than a Monday :)! Before it’s mithai galore all round (mithai = Indian sweets), let’s talk about breakfast for a second. Up until I went to boarding school in 2002, I rarely ate breakfast. When I did, it was more of a case of me munching on dry cereal or downing a bottle of Yazoo in the car. When I joined boarding school, I immediately embraced the concept of breakfast. It was hard not to given its spread. I’m talking eggs, bagels, bacon, cream cheese, Nutella, assortment of cereals, fruit, milk, croissants, yogurt, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal….every.single.day.
I must be making up for lost time because breakfast is easily my favorite meal now. I like it so much that I often eat it twice a day (brinner anyone?)! It’s an easy way to set a healthy tone for the rest of my day. Although overnight oats is one of my all-time favorites I’ve recently been shaking things up on the breakfast front.
Some take-aways from this, for lack of better term, ‘experiment’:
- Despite my sweet tooth, I actually quite enjoy the occasional savory breakfast
- Even better if it involves a sweet & savory combo
- But for the most part, yogurt-based breakfasts are my favorite
- I forget how much I enjoy smoothies…and how filling they can be
- I use the same batter recipe for pancakes & waffles…
- …but prefer the latter (must be a texture thing)
- I love cereal & milk…just not as breakfast
[Hence no pic]
What’s your current favorite breakfast?