1) You know what drives me nuts: text lingo. I don’t mind when people type out “u” instead of “you”, but someone please explain y sum ppl stil type lyk dis. That being said, I seem to be making the most of Emoji on my iPhone. As modern as the keyboard is, it’s rather ironic that we’re reverting back to the primitive style of communicating in pictorial symbols. This article expands on that, and if you’re looking for a laugh look at this use of Emoji symbols to replace the lyrics of Kanye West & Jay-Z N**ga in Paris (taken from the article):
2) During my lower body session on Wednesday, my trainer had me find my squat 1 rep max i.e. the maximum weight I can lift in a single squat repetition. Despite the post-workout hobbling, I know many of you will agree that watching your body be able to lift heavier over time is empowering to say the least. I should probably add that during sets, I heard a fellow female gym-goer say she “doesn’t want to bulk up” with weights. It still amazes that some woman automatically assume that lifting heavy will create an Arnie Schwarzenegger physique.
3) Something old, Something new…and nope you aren’t hearing any wedding bells! As for something old, I’m a bar hoarder. I always stock up when I travel yet rarely seem to eat them. I found these Nak’d bars at home from 2011, and don’t know why/how I waited so long to try this flavor: it is GOOD. If you’re a fan of the chocolate-orange combo, I highly recommend these. They’re a cross between Jaffa Cakes & fudge.
And my “Something New” refers to this bottle of Nandos Marinade. Since buying it last week, I have been adding it to everything: grilled mushrooms, chicken, tofu, eggs, you name it! Although the spice content kills me every time, it definitely satisfies my ongoing Nandos craving.
4) There are some movies which I can watch repeatedly. I am not sure whether admitting Princess Diaries is one of those movies will do much for my street cred, but I’ll give credit where due. Between that & Devil Wears Prada, I love Anne Hathaway’s on-screen presence. Other movies in that category for me include Father of The Bride, Home Alone, Clueless, and Julie & Julia…old school, baby!
5) And because no one needs to think too hard on a Friday:
And to end on a sweet note, just how GENIUS are these Hershey Kiss Choc Chip Cookies:
What movie(s) can you watch over and over again?
Tried anything yum this week that’s worth mentioning?