Hey guys! I saw this survey floating around a while ago, but thought I’d save it for a day when I didn’t have it in me to bust out a post….or at least a post which required me to think /write coherently. Yep, call it a case of the Fridays :
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
Anything coated in sugar but more specifically, Cinnamon Toast Crunch! And trust me, those recommended serving sizes fell on
deaf ears blind eyes!
2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
If I had kids, it would be like asking me to choose between them! If I’m drinking green/herbal tea, it has to be sans milk. With my coffee it’s usually with a splash of soy milk, but if I’m drinking English breakfast or Indian chai, the milkier the better!
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
If the last 6 months are anything to go by, oats and yogurt!
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
I crave savory at lunchtime so grilled cheese it is, even better with truffle oil. On a separate note, the PB & J combo is so over-hyped….peanut butter & banana is WAY better!
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
4 ingredients? Talk about stingy! Given my current lunchtime favorites, I would pick grilled chicken, feta, chickpeas & roasted aubergine on a bed of spinach….all topped with balsamic vinegar and hummus!
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
Veggies….lame I know, but they are always incorporated into my lunches.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If a fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
If I’m eating with others, I would rather engage in conversation. Otherwise TV/computer has to be on. I don’t care what various studies reveal: mindful eating is boring!
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
Eggs- they’re just so easy & versatitle. Lately I’m hooked on scrambling 2 whites with 1 whole, topped with taco seasoning & salsa!
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Cheesecake hands down! Although if the apple pie in question is served à la mode, I might choose otherwise!
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
Up until I went to Paris a few years ago with my sister & cousin, I had this gross notion of what flan tasted like. However we bought one to share on the Eurostar back and let’s just say, we all kinda wished that we didn’t have to share . Nonetheless I would still choose tiramisu. Side note: if you’re ever in Mumbai and want amazing tiramisu, go to 212 in Worli….trust me on this!
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
Cups! Although cones are nice in theory, there’s too much pressure to hurry through so that I don’t end up with ice cream dripping on me and overall a sticky mess #foodieproblems
Answer any (or all) of the above- I enjoy reading answers to these surveys as much as filling them out!