How about we skip the chit-chat and just get going with some of my faves from this past week:
1) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake: After ice cream, cheesecake is my all-time favorite dessert…I can rarely resist it. As Cheesecake Factory just opened in Dubai, my mom brought back a slice for me earlier this week. For curiosity’s sake, I looked on their site for the nutritional information and read: At this time, we do not provide nutritional information for our menu selections on our website. In other words, ignorance is bliss. Was it worth it? Abso-fricken-lutely! And because being transported on a plane took away its photogenicity, here’s a picture of what it looked like when she first bought it, courtesy of the restaurant’s site:
2) When I really like a song, I tend to listen to it 42,324 times (or until I get can’t bear it any longer)! This week, that particular song for me is Stay With You by Avicii f/ Mike Posner. If you haven’t heard, download it…just do it. I promise you it will find its way onto every playlist on your iPod.
3) Coconut Extract: Up until last week, I had no idea this even existed. Between my love for coconut flakes, cocoa body butter & coconut chocolate (Lindt, M&M’s & Bounty to name a few), it’s kind of a no-brainer that I am a fan! I’ve only added it to yogurt, but I bet it would taste great in smoothies & baked goods. If you like piña coladas
and getting caught in the rain, chances are you will love this too!
4) Dior Polish Shade Black Plum: One of the perks about living in Mumbai is that flip flop season lasts all year long…but that also means pedicures are an ongoing necessity. Although I usually go for reds and pinks on my feet, I am loving darker shades for fall, especially purples & greys. A big thanks again to one of my oldest friends Mini who works at Dior in Dubai for hookin’ me up
5) Despite my love-hate relationship with post-workout soreness, I know that it’s no indication of a good workout. It’s a bit like sweat: neither of them are necessary for a good workout yet both feel great in some twisted way. Tara wrote a great post on this notion of DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness): Provided you are continuing to push yourself in the gym and fueling yourself correctly, you should still be on track to reach your goals – regardless of whether you experience DOMS or not. That being said, I do kinda love the fact that my butt & lower body in general is still experiencing all kinds of soreness from Wednesday’s workout!
What are you lovin’ this week?