Hi guys! Hope you all had a good weekend! Up until Sunday morning, mine was going great. I am in the middle of revamping my blog and let’s just say, I am not as technologically-talented as I once gave myself credit. With the exception of my massage, my Sunday morning involved plenty of “Kill me now” & “FML” moments. Although there are still a few more tweaks remaining, I am feeling so much more relieved now thanks to Matt’s help. Yesterday, however, I could have definitely used a Beach Bum…or 3:
Yes, I did feel a bit ridiculous while ordering it out loud, but it was well worth the momentary cringiness. Vodka, Malibu, Coconut Water, & Lime: who said that electrolytes were best served during/post-workouts ? Speaking of workouts, I had an AMAZING run this morning. It could have been due to 3 reasons:
- I made a throwback playlist, and got into the zone (I forgot what a tune Waka Waka is)
- It was my first run after 10 days (lower body workouts & running do NOT go hand in hand)
- I was still on a sugar high from this weekend.
In terms of dessert, this weekend literally “took the cake”:
- Rocky Road: Words can’t even explain how delicious it was and too bad I don’t have any proof either. Note to restaurants- ensure your lighting is more conducive to blogging and Instagramming !
- Freshly baked peanut butter & choc chip cookies
- My cousin’s choco rocco
I’m convinced that the ugliest food is also the tastiest (ahem oatmeal), and this dessert just confirms that. Fortunately, sometimes the tastiest foods are also the least time-consuming.
Two Ingredients + 3 Steps = Perfection.
Crush Digestive biscuits, coat the crumbs with melted dark chocolate, refrigerate until hard & serve.
It was SO rich that a few bites were more than enough to do the trick. I should probably add that this recipe was “healthified”…the original recipe also included maple syrup and butter #nojoke.
Despite my frazzled state on Sunday morning, I can only thank Pinterest for keeping me entertained. Let’s be honest, between all the widget/plug-in/HTML/etc jargon, there has to be some “fun” thrown in:
How was your weekend? What fun things did you get up to…or eat?