Freestylin’

by Khushboo on July 20, 2012

I know I can’t be the only one in a good mood today- its FriYAY!  Seeing as it’s the end of the week, I’m going to back out of writing a coherent post and instead freestyle with whatever is on my mind:

• I’ve repeated the same dinner almost every night this past week:

Stir fry with eggs, chickpeas, soy sauce, and peanut butter: so random the Chinese would be ashamed yet so delicious…and easy!

• I’ve been meaning to post about my personal training sessions but procrastination has gotten the best of me.  Till I do, I will say that I am definitely seeing progress: I started off with 10lbs for my chest press: guess who rolled with 20-lbers this morning ;)
  • I started reading Katherine Boo’s Behind The Beautiful Forevers over a month ago, and I’m still only halfway through.  It’s safe to say I’m never going to finish it.  Instead I am finally giving Mr. Grey a shot.  Should I cringe that my MOM read it before me?

• I’m still o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with my iPhone but I do have a bone to pick with Apple: the battery life is shiAt.  If anyone has any iPhone battery-conserving tips, please share!
  • Despite living in Bombay, I watched my first Bollywood movie last weekend after MONTHS: Cocktail. Although the plot is nowhere near Oscar material, it kinda epitomized everything I love about Bollywood: catchy, upbeat music, cheesy romance, a few tears, total eye candy (both male & female) and an overall enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

• I read an amazing post this week on celebrating your beauty on Tara’s blog: “I love my upper back and my butt, and I don’t care if it makes me sound like a bitch”.  As females, we have a tendency to pick each one of our flaws and dismiss/downplay compliments.   There’s nothing conceited about being proud of your assets and simply just owning it.  Especially for the females reading this, it’s definitely worth a read!

And finally:

What’s something random from your week?

Parita July 20, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I just got an iPhone and I have the same qualm! The battery life sucks! I changed my push settings to manual and I think that’s helping. Can’t wait to see what other people suggest!

And I want to see Cockatail…now only if I can convince Vishnu to come with me! :)

Have a great weekend K!!!

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Good call on the changing the push settings to manual…although I think I would constantly refresh my emails and therefore drain the battery- lose lose situ!

sprint2thetable July 21, 2012 at 12:01 am

I have been doing the same thing with my tempeh stir fry! It’s been repeat city and I never do that!

That is a problem with the iPhone. Mine lasts about 8 hours with limited usage. Ugh.

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Haha if we’re still enjoying it, does it count as a food rut? I think not :) !

Alex @ therunwithin July 21, 2012 at 3:22 am

gosh I still need to read that series! Man that last pizza piece looks delicious.

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

It’s so yum- although that was a frittata ;) !

Tessa Merrick (@Tessa8m) July 21, 2012 at 4:36 am

I will have to go over and read Tara’s blog post, that sounds like something I would definitely find interesting! And yes, I feel ya on the iphone batter, that is my only qualm with it as well… i turn the brightness down, and log out of facebook, twitter at times, and that seems to help…
I do dinner repeats constantly, so much easier. Have a nice weekend!

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Please do read that post- I have no doubt that you will appreciate it as much as I did!

Corrie Anne July 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

I’m curious about that stir fry. It sounds good, but pb and eggs? i like all the ingredients so I’d probably love it. I’m a pretty compulsive charger so I don’t usually have that problem with my baby iPhone.

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Haha I know I know, pb & eggs sounds SO random but the combo really does work! Lemme know if you try it :) !

Ameena July 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Wait, your mom read that? Too funny. My mom would never hand me a book like that, even if she happened to read it. Which seems…impossible!!

Have a great weekend my friend!

Khushboo Thadani July 21, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hahah what can i say- my mom and I have a pretty open relationship like that :) !

Jess July 21, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love chickpeas so I totally get why you would eat those everyday!! Glad you are getting results with your PT sessions

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:09 am

They’re addictive, especially once made into hummus!

caloricandcrazy July 21, 2012 at 8:26 pm

That pizza by itself looked great, but adding avocado probably made it even better!

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:10 am

Avocado definitely took it up a notch…although it was a frittata, not a pizza :)

caloricandcrazy July 22, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Oh silly me! I meant frittata :P ! At first glance it looked like a pizza :P

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig July 21, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Thanks for the link love! It’s too funny that your mum read 50 shades before you… I don’t think my mum would have been handing the book over! Haha

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:10 am

Anytime- I really thought it was one if the better posts I’ve read in a long while!

Living, Learning, Eating July 22, 2012 at 1:55 am

Those exact things are what I like about Bollywood movies, too! And FriYAY? I’m so calling it that from now on! It’s so accurate! About 50 Shades of Grey…I can’t decide whether or not I want to read it :P

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:11 am

Please do read it…I’m already hooked..the actual style of writing is terrible but gripping nonetheless!

Sable Weisman (@SquatLikeALady) July 22, 2012 at 3:44 am

PB & eggs sounds AMAZING!! Maybe I’ll try it during my refeed next week =D

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:12 am

Ah I’m so glad you aren’t weirded put by the combo…it really tastes so much better than it sounds!

Kailey July 22, 2012 at 3:47 am

I always forget that a scrambled egg is a key ingredient for a great stir fry!

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:12 am

Totally agree- eggs are a stir fry essential for me!

onehealthymunchkin July 22, 2012 at 5:59 am

That stir fry sounds so good! I love putting Sunbutter in mine. And I’m definitely a repeat meal offender too. If it ain’t broke… ;)

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 10:13 am

That’s my life motto haha…until I can’t fathom the thought of eating it, it’s going to be my go-to meal :)

Honey,What's Cooking (@honeywhatscook) July 22, 2012 at 10:42 am

Regarding the iphone battery life, you need to make sure you close all the applications once you are done working with them. so if you press down on an icon, all those widgets start shaking, and then at the BOTTOM ROW ONLY, you need to close out those open apps.

Wasn’t Cocktail so good? I really enjoyed it. Dipika P looked AMAZING and HOT, I’ve never seen her look better. The new girl is soooooooo pretty, very sweet looking.

OMG, do you make all these meals or does your house cook make these meals. I just gotta know. K. You are a London girl, but you live in a country where you don’t have to do shiAt. :-)

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Thanks for the iPhone tips- very much appreciated :) ! As for my meals- my cook cuts the veggies for me, I do the actual cooking and he washes up! Initially I think he found it weird that I voluntarily wanted to cook my meals but i think he’s realised that I genuinely enjoy it! And trust me, cooking is a lot nicer when you don’t have to do the washing up!

Anand July 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Bok Choy is one delicious vegetable. I had some last night which was steamed for a couple minutes then delicately sprinkled with oyster sauce. So good that I am having some more with steamed fillets of Tilapia fish and sweet potato.

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Sounds like a yum meal- didn’t realise tilapia was avail in London…will def be having some when I’m there :) !

Geraldine July 22, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Random moment of the week was when my 74 year old father started talking about 50 shades of grey. I think that book has reached it’s saturation point in pop culture if he even knows about it!!! :-)

Khushboo Thadani July 22, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Wow this book really has hit new heights….that must have been an awkward moment hehe;)!

Sig July 23, 2012 at 6:16 am

Hahaha can’t believe your Mum read that! My mum still cringes when a couple kisses on TV :D

That stir fry looks delicious and there is no shame in repeating deliciousness :)

PS – Evs does the washing up so I get it when you say it’s so much nicer to cook when you don’t have to do the washing up after :P

Khushboo Thadani July 23, 2012 at 11:18 am

Wow that’s so impressive he washes up – add that to the qualities I”m looking for in a husband haha :) !

IHeartVegetables July 23, 2012 at 7:59 am

Hahaha why am I the only girl out there who hasn’t read 50 shades of grey!? I’m so behind!!!

Khushboo Thadani July 23, 2012 at 11:20 am

Up until last week, I felt exactly the same way….it’s so trashy yet so good!

Min July 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I seriously cannot imagine my mom reading the book! Honestly, I just had to stop after about halfway through. I guess you’re not reading for content with these kinds of books, but the writing was just horrible. Not my cup of tea…I know…a party popper I am.
I love my iPhone also..but that new Samsung Galaxy looks so…sexy!
My beautiful friend, Sidra, watches a lot of bollywood movies and actually summarizes some of her favorites for me during our long commute to school. And I share with her my Korean dramas :) .

Khushboo Thadani July 24, 2012 at 3:44 pm

That’s too funny you mentioned about the Samsung Galaxy- my brother in law and I frequently argue over which is better. I refuse to believe that Samsung is capable of trumping Apple :) !