And just like that, another amazing birthday has passed! As cheesy as it sounds, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of heart for all their wishes. Between all the phone calls, Facebook wall posts, text/Blackberry/Whatsapp messages, status shout-outs, tweets, balloons, flowers, cakes, gifts and so forth, thank you all for truly making me feel like the most special girl! If ever there was a time I needed a reminder of how loved I am, I just hope it falls around my birthday .
So apparently with age comes wisdom. When I turned 23 last year, I posted 23 lessons which I’ve learned over the years While this might be rather debatable, I’d like to think that I am slightly wiser than I was at this time last year. On that note, here are 24 more pieces of my “wisdom”:
1) Time doesn’t heal anything- it’s what you do with the time
2) Some things in life are worth paying a bit extra for
3) Diversify your assets- Rupee/US $ exchange rate, I’m lookin’ at you…
4) If you’re comfortable where you are, something needs to change. The only way to grow is to get out of your comfort zone
5) There is nothing more important than relationships: whether personal or professional, foster & build them up.
6) Fat doesn’t make you fat
7) People respond better when you’re polite
8) As long as your hair is done and heels are on, you can get away with just about any outfit
9) Know what gives you your natural high and replicate as needed
10) It’s rarely ever about you
11) If you can’t change your circumstance, change your perspective
12) There’s no point wasting energy on things which are out of your control
13) Leaving a glass of water next to an open laptop is only asking for trouble
14) Every experience is meaningful: if it’s good, you gain from it and if it’s bad, you learn from it
15) For perfect cookies, always remove them from the oven a few minutes before they are done
16) Laughter brings people together
17) Never put your bag or phone down in public places…ever
18) Smiling burns more calories than frowning…and it looks better too
19) You don’t owe anything to anyone…except your mom…you kinda owe her a lot
20) Whether you want a job, different size, help, favor, or pay rise…just ask. The worst that can happen is you’ll be told no, and you already have that
21) Always double check your receipts before paying/signing
22) There are no shortcuts to success, just hard work & perseverance
23) Never buy a pair of pants that fit 100% comfortably…unless you want to land up with the “saggy butt effect”
24) If you don’t respect yourself, don’t expect others too
And one for good luck
25) You can indeed have your cake and eat it too…I know I did
…Just for the record, I am officially caked out!
What’s one lesson you’ve learned over the years?