Unsurprisingly computers can perform calculations within seconds, work out logical computations without error and store memory with flawless accuracy. Yet believe it or not, the human brain’s processing power is superior to that of a computer…yes even yours ! However like that Mac Book which you’re probably reading this from, the human brain is (ultimately) energy-dependent: it relies on chemicals, primarily oxygen and sugar, to transmit information. In other words, it needs to be mentally stimulated every so often.
While there are numerous things we can do to boost our brain power, there are also various sites where you can find such information, tips and techniques. So rather than advise you to incorporate omega 3-filled walnuts into your diet, regularly exercise to increase the blood flow to your brain or meditate to de-stress and enable you to think more clearly, I’ll leave you with some questions. Our brains love questions because they have the power to engage us and to shift our mindsets. Along with that they drive knowledge and growth, and fuel both creativity and critical thinking. On that note:
- Why does the Monopoly man look just like the Pringles guy?
- Why has no one in Japan opened up a pancake house called Japancakes yet?
- Why do UK clothes manufacturers jump from a 6 to an 8…what if you’re a 7?
- Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!
- Why is garlic so tasty yet so lethal on the breath?
- Why do almonds taste better than peanuts but peanut butter tastes better than almond butter?
- Why does Microsoft Word think I can’t spell my name?
- Why do ABC & Twinkle Twinkle Little Star share the same tune?
- If “laughter is the best medicine,” who’s the idiot who “died laughing?”
And if none of these questions do the trick, grab some vino: studies show that drinking a glass per night correlates with a reduced risk of dementia…I’m just sayin’
Any memory/brain-boosting tips you have to share? I’m all for increasing my IQ !