The phrase Happy Monday could not be any more apt: I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a new week to start. This past weekend may go down in history as one of the lamest yet thanks to being hit by the flu. It involved a lot of tissues and quality time with my bed. Put it this way: you know your weekend is lame when the highlight of it is a smoothie. Well to be fair, the smoothie tasted pretty amazing.
While I was ill my cravings for the following two foods went through the roof:
- Fruit: My body was dehydrated it was probably also a sign that my body was deplenished of certain vitamins and nutrients. I obliged
- Chocolate: Although chocolate cravings never need a reason, chocolate is known to be a natural mood-enhancer and perhaps my body/serotonin levels needed a boost. Who am I to argue with science??
Fortunately this smoothie squashed them both:
Birds Cravings With One Smoothie:
- 200 ml chocolate (soy) milk
- 2 large handfuls frozen strawberries
- Pinch of xanthan gum – optional
The cast alone is guaranteed entertainment and between Zac Effron, Josh Duhamel & Jon Bon Jovi, the movie is oozing eye-candy ! If you enjoyed movies with multiple plots like Love Actually and Valentine’s Day, this is definitely a must-watch!
What did you do this weekend? Let me live vicariously through you…