Thursday tangents

by Khushboo on December 1, 2011

1) I FINALLY saw The Help and loved it.  It’s difficult for any movie to capture every dimension of the original book within 2 hours but The Help did a great job in portraying the various relationships between the characters.    It definitely lived up to my expectations!

2) My buddy Maneka and I participated in a flash-mob on Sunday afternoon: i.e. we and 248 other people broke out into a dance in the middle of the local train station.  And now  I know how Bollywood actresses feel.

3) I’ve taken deviled eggs to a whole level…Enter pb&j-filled boiled egg-whites

Angelic eggs

Angelic eggs

4) I’ve gotten such a kick out of some of the search engine terms people have used to come across my blog:

• is it true that sarah jessica parker favorite food is mac & cheese--> If anyone knows the answer, please share
  • I don’t know I’m just a bunny with a pancake–> WTF
  • are thadani in india non-vegetarian--> Why yes we are
  • im sleeping, dont bbm me—> As if I would ever say that

5) Living in  Mumbai has deprived me of 2 of my favorite foods: fro yo & hummus.  Fortunately both of these voids have now been narrowed:

• A fro yo has opened up in Breach Candy (15 minute-drive from my home)
  • I bought some tahini paste so guess who has been blitzing away!

6) I have a marathon in my future and it doesn’t involve 26.2 miles.  Hello, 8 new episodes of Modern Family to catch up on!

And finally

7) This is officially my 301st post :shock:

Tell me one of your Thursday tangents…

Alexandra December 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm

AHHH Heck yes for modern family!! Love that show :) and PB&J in egg whites? You’re genius, I must try this :D
“I don’t know I’m just a bunny with a pancake”<—bahahaha that totally made my day

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:50 am

Please try it- such a good snack!

Nada (One Arab Vegan) December 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm

That flash mob video is AWESOME! I’m so unbelievably jealous, I’ve always wanted to be part of one :) If I’m honest those deviled eggs sound a little gross but I’ll take your word for it. And hell yes to Modern Family! I’m planning a similar marathon for this Sunday. :)

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:51 am

Hahah thanks for your honesty–> I’m a sucker for anything involving peanut butter! Enjoy your marathon on Sunday- I have 3 more episodes left and am savoring each now!

Parita @ myinnershakti December 1, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I needed a fun post to read – this was it…thanks for that! The flash mob is soo cool. I would jump at the chance to participate in one! And Modern Family, as you know, is my favorite! :)

My Thursday tangent is that today is my Friday! Woo hoo.

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:52 am

That’s exactly what I did- I heard about it on Thursday, Saturday we had practice and Sunday we performed–> was such a laugh! SO jealous that you got an extra day to your weekend…this week dragged majorly for me!

tiara December 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

OMG u were part of the flash mob ! Ughhh its on my bucket list ! Next time u know this is gonna happen plzzz leme know ! Xoxo

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:52 am

Haha I shall- it’s the only reason I did it…to tick off my list :D

natashaboruszok1992 December 1, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Girl I just came across your blog and i LOVE it…good for you losing all that weight! That is seriously AMAZING :)

Thursday Tangent – i HATE SNOW!
That’ll be my tangent for the next 4 months probably lolz

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:53 am

Thanks so much, hope you will stick around! :) ! I hate snow too…it’s pretty in pictures but the reality? not so much!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 1, 2011 at 10:59 pm

That is soo cool you were part of a flashmob! I am planning to do that someday :) Loveee Modern Family, I have just started getting into it!

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:54 am

MF is the best–> better to start it late than never !

goodformegirl December 2, 2011 at 3:16 am

That flash mob is incredible! It’s definitely on my bucket list.
I get a kick out of my search engine terms, too. What are these people doing with their lives? haha

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:56 am

Haha for real!! Some of the stuff makes me wonder “WHY..WHY ARE YOU GOOGLING THIS???”

Gayatri December 2, 2011 at 4:26 am

My friends have been posting videos of that flash mob on Facebook all day. How fun!!! And enjoy your Modern Family marathon.

My Thursday tangent is that my weekend begins today because I’m not home alone anymore :)

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Woo I’m so jealous you got a 3 -day weekend…we work half days here so my weekend has automatically been reduced to 1.5 days- hard times!

caloricandcrazy December 2, 2011 at 6:16 am

The Help was such an awesome movie!! Acting was wonderful and story was too :)

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Agreed, I especially loved the hyper lady Minnie worked for (can’t remember her name)!

Tracy's Treats December 2, 2011 at 9:02 am

Can’t believe you guys participated in a flash mob..that’s awesome!

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

Great memory for sure :D

Maneka Chotirmall December 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

So glad we decided to participate in the flashmob-such a good memory we have :)

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

Woo we’re such rockstahs :)

When Harry Met Celery December 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm

So many things to say here!

- Just went to Yogurt Bay yesterday and it’s such a relief to have frozen yogurt in South Mumbai! The chocolate yogurt with chocolate brownie was delish! What did you have?
- I loveee hummus! I’m doing something related on my blog real soon!
- I’m so happy to know someone who was a part of that dance! It was legendary!
- I just did my first ever dessert recipe post and I’d love to know what you think. See you soon!

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 11:02 am

I am yet to try it but am sure it will involve the peanut butter flavor if they still have it! Cool to know there’s a fellow blogger in Mumbai!

Tara December 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Hahahha I’m just a bunny with a pancake made me laugh. That’s so random. Speaking of the help, my blog gets a lot of searches for Mae mobley because I blogged about the movie after I saw it!

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hahah once I barely mentioned Michael Jackson’s name and for the longest time, I got SO much traffic purely because of Google searches for MJ!

beautyinthebalance December 3, 2011 at 5:21 am

That Flash Mob looks AMAZING!!!! I would LOVE to take part in one of those! I really love how at the end the mob just disperses as if nothing happened… genius!

Khushboo Thadani December 3, 2011 at 11:20 am

Was such a laugh- definitely participate if the opportunity arises!