I’m not even going to beat around the bush. I went out last night and woke up craving grease…you can fill in the blanks! Even though my eating habits now and when I was growing up have done a complete 180, there are some foods which my fondness towards only increases with time, such as pizza! The only thing which appealed to me for lunch today was pizza. Between a slice at California Pizza Kitchen on Friday and Dominoes take-out for dinner last night, clearly I seem to be aiming for a hat trick…or a bigger size of jeans !
Given my recent obsession with waffles , I came up with quite the concoction: a Mexican Waffiza. As it contained about 20g of protein, it was indeed really filling. Taste-wise, it exceeded my expectations although I’m not surprised given it was a marriage of my 3 current favorite foods: waffles, Mexican & Italian cuisine.
If you don’t have a waffle-maker, get one stat! But until you do, just you can use the batter recipe below and make the base on a fry pan as you would an omelet or pancake:
- ¼ cup oat bran (20g)
- ¼ cup oats (20g)
- 3 egg-whites
- Pinch of salt
1) Once you beat the heck out of the egg-whites until they are fluffy, combine them with the remaining 3 ingredients.
2) After your waffle-maker (skillet) heats up, coat it with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
3) Cook until ready.
*I’ve not listed topping amounts as it’s down to personal preference*
- Jarred Salsa
- Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
1) While the base is cooking away, heat up a separate skillet and sauté the mushrooms and peppers until ready. Sprinkle some taco seasoning.
2) When your base is ready , spread the salsa.
3) Top with the taco-fied veggies and cheese
4) Grill in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden
What do you crave after a night out?