I am lazy

by Khushboo on October 29, 2011

Given the nature of my blog and my love for food, it’ll probably come as a surprise that I am a lazy cook.  I rarely cook gourmet meals for a variety of reasons:

• I hate chopping the foundation of almost any meal: onion & garlic
  • Standing over a pot and continuously stirring bores me and makes me feel so stuffy
  • Washing up multiple pots & pans is not how I roll ;)
  • I don’t have a husband or kids to impress

I can literally feel my bro's disapproval of this pic but you know it's hilarious :)

As long as my meals taste delicious, I’m happy…and if I can achieve that by spending minimal time in the kitchen, you might as well change my name to ‘Efficient’.   My current go-to meal is the epitome of efficiency: quick yet tasty.  With a description like that, how can you not scroll down?  This meal comes together in a total of 48 minutes from start to finish, 8 of which I actually need to stand in the kitchen:

Baked Tofu & Sweet Potato topped with Greek Yogurt & Peanut Butter with a side of Greens

Shocker: sweet potatoes in India aren't orange!

Timer starts now:

• 1 minute washing the vegetables
  • 1 minute slicing the tofu and vegetables
  • 1 minute placing the tofu on foil and wrapping the sweet potato in foil
  • 40 minutes of baking the above in the oven
  • 3 minutes sautéing the broccoli and zucchini
  • 1 minute assembling the plate and loading up the condiments

Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt, & Ketchup

• 1 minute washing up the pan and throwing away the used foil

What’s your favourite ‘lazy girl/guy’ meal?

Alexandra October 29, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Haha I’m extremely lazy in the kitchen too! Usually I’ll have tuna or egg salad or cereal when I’m lazy ;)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 29, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I like to think that I am NOT lazy… but in reality, I am! I always get pumped about a complicated recipe and then it comes to buying, slicing and dicing and ehh… my enthusiasm goes out the window! Cereal and yogurt messes are a favorite lazy snack

Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2011 at 11:29 am

Ohh cereal and yogurt messes are my favorite–> I seem to be eating it for than just breakfast lately!

Priyanka October 29, 2011 at 6:26 pm

You have three of my favorite condiments out there, PB, ketchup and greek yogurt. Top this over almost anything and you have a winner :)

Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2011 at 11:29 am

True story!

Sara K October 29, 2011 at 9:22 pm

48 minutes! That seems long to me; haha! But oh I feel you about chopping onions; it’s the reason I wear waterproof eyeliner now! OH but here we have these frozen garlic things which are essentially cubes of frozen minced garlic and I use them and they are so much better than crushing on my own!
My lazy girl meals: either an oven ‘pizza’ (aka pita bread topped with hummus/sauce/any veggies and leftover meat i have laying around…and cheese. Or a quesadilla

Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2011 at 11:30 am

Haha okay replace the 40 minutes oven time for 3 minutes microwave time :D ! I am so jealous about the frozen minced garlic- the lingering smell on my fingers fills me with dread!

Errign October 30, 2011 at 12:05 am

I love pasta for being lazy, or just pan-frying tofu and heating up frozen veg & rice!

goodformegirl October 30, 2011 at 3:02 am

I’m with ya on the quick and easy recipes…and I do have a husband! I figure we’re living in a modern world, so I’m waiting for him to impress me with his culinary skills :-)

Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2011 at 11:30 am

Exactly! And also, you guys are married- the impressing phase is long over :D

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate October 30, 2011 at 4:55 am

A grilled cheese always hits the spot on a lazy night :)

Tracy's Treats October 30, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I get really lazy at times too. My go-to meal? Pasta or a sandwich. So boring, but it beats slaving away in the kitchen for an hour!

Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) October 31, 2011 at 12:56 am

You sound just like me! I hate the clean up involved with making a fancy dinner and I usually get home from class around dinner time. My SUPER lazy meal is a microwaved sweet potato (7 minutes) with cottage cheese on top. I’ll usually then snack on a bunch of stuff afterwards, like crackers and cheese and fruit. I try to combat this laziness by making a big batch of stuff on the weekends.

Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2011 at 11:31 am

Love the combo of sweet potato and cottage cheese- pl add some peanut butter in the mix next time :D

Tara October 31, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I used to do so much cooking, but I really haven’t been feeling it lately! My go to quick meal is a veggie burger salad. It’s fast and filling!

Maneka November 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm

My lazy meal will always be PB sandwich or cereal :) It always hits the spot too!