High 5′s

by Khushboo on October 8, 2011

I’ve seen this “Survey of 5′s” on some of my favorite blogs recently and since I’m a sucker for surveys, I obviously had to fill it out.  Being based on the number 5 and all, I figured I would post it on the 5th of October (yeah, I’m cool like that ;) ,) but lo and behold I forgot.  Anyhow, better late than never so here goes:

Last five people I talked to on the phone:

1) My homie Gayatri
2) My driver (I realize how ridiculously spoiled that sounds but this is Mumbai)
3) A client at work who drives me loco
4) Another homie Maneka whose birthday it is (everyone wish her :) )
5) My internet service provider

Five things making me happy right now:

1) Eating pancakes for breakfast this morning afternoon put me in the best mood

2) The fact that this time in 2 weeks, I will be soakin’ up the sun in Goa
3) Receiving an invite to a Dove-sponsored blogger event in Mumbai next weekend
4) Free money…i.e. I just remembered about a £65 iTunes gift card that came complimentary when I bought my laptop over the summer: CA-CHING

5) A totally unexpected e-mail from a friend who I haven’t spoken to in months…made my week  5) A totally unexpected e-mail from a friend who I haven’t spoken to in months…made my week

On a side-note, what’s NOT making me happy: The bar I went to last night insisted on stamping us as we entered.  This damn purple mark is still on my hand despite my shower this morning.

Last Five Meals I Ate:

Not including today’s pancake breakfast:

1) A salad topped with anything and everything I could find in my fridge: boiled egg-whites, leftover grilled prawns, goat cheese, almonds, and raisins

I swear there were vegetables underneath!

2) Loin of yellow-fin tuna with pomegranate salsa & black beans
3) Tofu & peanut butter sandwich with a side of crudites and more peanut butter
4) A random mix of grilled veggies, vegetarian sausage, and goat cheese tossed in marinara sauce
5) My favorite breakfast of late a.k.a. overnight oats

Last five places I’ve traveled:

1) London

Hyde Park, I love thee! (photo credit goes to my cousin KK)

2) Prague

3) Dubai
4) Singapore
5) Dubai (if doubles don’t count, then LA)

Last five workouts:

1) 45 mins on the treadmill (a mix of a 5km run & incline walking) & a few planks
2) 32 mins cross trainer and lower body weights–> I hate squats, my quads hate me!

3) 4.5 mile interval run
4) 22 mins cross trainer & upper body weights
5) 7 mile run

Last five songs which I listened to:

1) Moves like Jagger- Maroon 5
2) Waka Waka- Shakira
3) Saturday – Basshunter
4) Tujhe Dekha- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
5) Don’t Stop the Party- Black-Eyed Peas

What’s one thing that is making YOU happy now?

movesnmunchies October 8, 2011 at 7:58 pm

ahh jealous uv been to dubai!! ilove thi little survey thing!

Khushboo Thadani October 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Dubai is awesome- always have a great time when I go :)

Parita @ myinnershakti October 8, 2011 at 8:07 pm

The weather in Boston right now makes me so happy. I think this is going to be the last nice weekend before the cooler weather hits. :)

Khushboo Thadani October 8, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Isn’t it funny how much of an impact weather has on our mood! I wake up happy every morning and I swear that’s due to the sun shining!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 8, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I still want to do this survey. It’s so fun! And yay for a coming up vacay!

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm

It’s fun…I love surveys :-)

The Healthy Engineer October 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I’ve gotten bad news recently but I guess what’s making me happy is the frozen yogurt I got yesterday. Plus a late night How I Met Your Mother marathon with some friends!

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Money can’t buy happiness but it sure can buy fro yo and that’s pretty much the same thing ;) ..hope you’re feeling better!

Maneka October 8, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Thanks for making my day so special with the flowers+balloons+cake :) Loving the Red Velvet cake my sister bought for me and the fact that it’s Sunday tomorrow=no alarm ;)

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm

So happy you had a great birthday , glad we gotta celebrate it together :)

spinach&spice October 9, 2011 at 5:26 am

LOVE your travel list! :D Tofu and pb? How come I’ve never tried this! What a combination. I’m spending the weekend in West Virginia for a family reunion.. family is making me happy! :D

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Don’t you love how family can make you both the happiest and angriest! Hope you having a great time with them and yes, you need to get on the tofu & pb bandwagon!

jenandberries October 9, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Oh my gosh AMAZING workouts Khushboo!!! Love the sound of the pomegranate salsa too, is it home made? I’m listening to Waka Waka now and it’s making me dance like a mong ;p

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Ohh I wish the salsa was homemade but unfortunately it was at a restaurant….it was delicious though!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 9, 2011 at 6:46 pm

What great workouts woman! And I agree with your songs of choice… love the Maroon 5 song!

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Thanks very much- reading about your race recaps is definitely where some of my motivation stems from :)

Tracy's Treats October 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

You’re such a jet-setter! I love these little surveys and will probably do one soon! One thing making me happy right now? My new doggie!

Khushboo Thadani October 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Hahah I wish that jet-setting lifestyle was still goin’ on….sadly no travel plans in my near future!

Ameena October 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Oh I LOVE Hyde Park…so beautiful! And Dubai too. Goa I haven’t been too…yet! But I hear it’s gorgeous too.

Khushboo Thadani October 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I haven’t been to Goa in ages- I was more or less a baby when I last went so I’m excited to check it out properly…and actually enjoy it :) !

Sara K October 10, 2011 at 12:08 am

Haha DRIVER…i feel ya, not judging since when I go to Saudi and India I do the same thing. Oh and I agree with the places o your list…cuz I’ve been to them all and they are all amazing!
One thing making me happy now…wait for ittttttt…my new RED gucci wallettttt!

Khushboo Thadani October 10, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Ohh that wallet sounds so nice- I love red but I feel there are only certain accessories which I can get away with red- otherwise I feel like I’m making too much of a statement!