Rather than my usual Brown Paper Bag Thursday post- I thought I would tell you about this killer sandwich I made last week. I’m going to call it a Synergistic Sandwich because the combo of ingredients was a partay in my mouth…so many different flavors & textures! Before I do, I want to talk a little about vegetarianism.
Up until recently I used to find it really hard to keep full on days I ate vegetarian meals because of the lack of pure protein from meat sources. However I’ve come to realise that the key with staying full as a veggie (not that I am one) is to rely on other crutches in addition to vegetarian sources of protein:
- source of wholegrain carb/starch; and
- a boat load of vegetables
Take this sandwich: it’s a remix of the classic ‘cheese and tomato sandwich’ but any guesses which will keep you revved up for longer?
What you will need:
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread, toasted (carb)
- Avocado (fat)–> Don’t even think about calling it the U-word
- Cheddar (protein/fat)–>the stronger the better
- Sprouts (protein)
- Lettuce & slices of cucumber/tomato (veggies)
3) Add your cucumber and tomatoes
4) Sandwich together
Any delicious sandwich ‘creations’ you care to share?