Ha bet that title got your attention! I’ve recently noticed that I tend to use the phrases “I love” and “it’s the best” excessively…to the point that my opinions may seem unreliable. My friend actually pointed out that the last 3 restaurants which I have gone to are apparently “my new favorite.” Well I promise I’m not exaggerating this time or being dramatic but I’ve been making the best salad ever this past week…for real it’s insane and that’s all thanks to this baby:
Er can you say BEST OIL EVER ;)? Between fried rice, noodle stir fries, and salads, that bottle is going to need some replenishing soon (Madre, take note 😀 ). Every time I use sesame oil as a salad dressing, my taste buds swoon…and apparently age me by like 50 years to use words like ‘swoon’! I’ve eaten this same salad 4 times in the past week and chances are it’s on tomorrow’s menu too. Nobu who? 😆
- Tofu (or any other kind of protein), cubed
- Cabbage, shredded
- Carrots, sliced
- Green beans, sliced
- Broccoli florets
- Scallions chopped
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Lightly steam/stir fry the first 5 ingredients. Towards the last minute, add in the scallions.
- Pour the tofu & vegetables into a bowl and refrigerate until cool…or if you’re as impatient as I am, stick it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sesame oil and soy sauce. I usually go for 1:2 ratio (i.e. 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to each teaspoon of sesame oil).
- Top the salad with flaked almonds.
- For the sake of effect, take a bite using chopsticks & SWOON!