Brown paper bag: week 1

by Khushboo on August 18, 2011

After last week’s post on packed lunches, I wanted to post a snapshot of one of the lunches I devoured this week. Before I share the ‘deets of my eats’ (yes, I went there :D), I felt the urge to show off my carrier of choice:

That’s right, no snazzy Lisa Frank lunch bag, no practical Coleman lunchbox but instead a reused House of Fraser plastic bag. ย What can I say, I’m classy like that ;). ย Don’t judge a book bag by it’s cover though because in it contained:

• Turkey and Philly cream cheese wrap

• And now for the best part of any meal, i.e. dessert:ย

Kidddinggg….I settled for an ‘eat me in one bite’ miniature version of white Toblerone ๐Ÿ™‚

All together:

Not too shabby…I may have to repeat it tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‰

What did YOU pack for lunch this week?

KK August 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm

love this. can u give me some alternative vegetarian sandwich fillers? (pref things which are available in bombay!) thank u ๐Ÿ™‚

Khushboo Thadani August 18, 2011 at 9:33 pm

The classic mozarella and basil? Same wrap I had but with grilled tofu instead? This sounds weird but mashed beans (chickpeas or kidney beans) are also excellent in sandwiches! Or another one for a Japanese twist: stir fried tofu with a drop of soy sauce- layered 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and top with lettuce (or beansprouts if you have) and the soy tofu?

Errign August 18, 2011 at 8:57 pm

This week I’ve only had to pack lunch (well, actually a light dinner) once, so I went the super easy route of a luna bar & a greek yogurt.

Sara K August 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hah I wish I had enough of a life (aka a job) to pack lunch! I’ve been eating leftover kebabs, hummus, the usual…I really need to go out to eat somewhere, I don’t want my readers to think I’ve killed off the food in lieu of fashion haha
And your guacccc looks amazing. I need to drag a friend to lunch today!

Khushboo Thadani August 18, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Haha I felt the same too but enjoy being a lady of leisure while you can….I miss having spare time to prepare ‘exotic’ meals on a whim!

laulugo9 @ Unchartered 20s August 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

hahah i thought the Toblerone was insulation or something. Can you tell i never eat this? haha
I love taking my lunch to work! I save so much money.

Khushboo Thadani August 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Hahah insulation??? Actually if i ate that whole bar on a regular basis, chances are I’d gain a layer of insulation if you catch my drift! Seriously get on it though- Toblerone is amazing!

The Healthy Engineer August 19, 2011 at 11:24 am

Tobleroneeee…mmm. But I’m not a white chocolate type of person, more like dark ๐Ÿ˜€

I remeber there was a time in Bangalore when cream cheese was impossible to find…it boggles my mind how much American stuff are in the grocery stores now!

And there are avocadoes as well? Sorry for sounding so ignorant even I just came back from India, but I’ve never seen them in the stores before!

Khushboo Thadani August 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I don’t discriminate- I eat all chocolate ;)! Haha yeah it’s crazy how far India has come over the years- there’s so much available here, even avocados in the market! I’m not surprised you never came across them- they’re relatively overpriced so they prob keep it in the back- I must be one of the few suckers who are willing to get ripped off ๐Ÿ™‚