Where food and variety are concerned, I’m a walking oxymoron! Week in, week out my meals tend to be different yet the ingredients remain the same! Take breakfast for example: I went through a whole week, yes that’s 7 days, of eating a different breakfast. Nevertheless they each contained oats in some form or the other. Other than confirm my love for Harvest Crunch, I guess it also revealed that I can be pretty creative when I want to be…and efficient :)!
Unsurprisingly, I seem to be eating pumpkin and goat cheese ALL.THE.TIME. I sometimes don’t even bother posting the recipes because I don’t want to run the risk of boring you. My lunch, however, is one of the few exceptions. If an award had to be granted for creating the mother of all salads, yours truly would be graciously receiving it! Yep my lunch today tasted mouthwateringly gourmet. As my friend at work put it, this salad tasted like “sex just melted in my (hers that is ;)) mouth”
Warm Root Veg & Goat Cheese Salad
I am reluctant to give measurements because chances are that my veggie intake exceeds that of a normal person….aaaand because I didn’t do any weighing when I made it 🙄 .
For a general idea of the flavor combination:
- Pumpkin, peeled &cubed
- Beets cubed
- Green beans, cut up
- Onions, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Carrots, sliced
- Fresh goat cheese, cubed
- In a heated non-stick pan coated with olive oil or spray oil, sauté the onions.
- Once the onions have softened, add in the carrots, green beans, beets and pumpkin. Turn down the heat to allow the vegetables to cook properly/soften.
- After 5-6 minutes add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Season the vegetables with thyme and salt.
- Once you have served the vegetables, mix in the goat cheese. The heat from the vegetables will soften the cheese to a perfect consistency…i.e. it will melt the cheese without turning it into liquid. (ick)
Sidenote: This will hopefully be the last blurry BB pic you will have to put up with. My mom took a hint from my blog and got me a camera as part of my birthday gift :).
What’s one food you just can’t get enough of lately?