My cousin asked me the other day if I know how I would like my wedding to be. Er no. He was slightly surprised that I didn’t comply with the stereotype ‘I’m a girl so that means my wedding has been mapped out in my head since I was born’. For those that DO already have some ideas up your sleeve, kudos! If only one minor detail is missing, i.e. the guy, here are some tips to get you one step closer:
1) Groom yourself. Call me superficial but I speak the truth. Taking care of yourself can convince a guy that you’ll be able to take care of him too.
2) Show you’re independent: asking for his money gives off the impression you are a gold digger- No bueno! Tip: offer to pay sometimes.
3) Don’t come on too strong! With a few rare exceptions, guys get turned off when they feel over-admired and their style being cramped.
4) Smell great all the time: perfume, lotions, shampoo–> flirting sans words. A lovely subtle scent will warm him right up.
5) Try to like the same things he does. Even if football bores you silly, pretend to be excited the next time Arsenal beat Man Utd.
6) Seduce him through his stomach. Guys like good food but can’t always cook. Fill the void by whipping up something delicious. Even if you aren’t a 10 in the culinary department, fake it till ya make it. Here’s an idea:
Fettucine gamberoni (=fettucine with prawns but the Italian terminology sounds way more tantalizing! 😆 )
- 80-100g fettucine
- 200g prawns
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- Half packet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half packet mushrooms, sliced
- Handful parsley
- Salt+freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan+chilli flakes to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200*C
- Boil fettucine+drain according to packet directions
- Transfer cherry tomatoes to an oven tray & top with EVOO or spray oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes to enhance the flavor.
- Add 2 teaspoons of EVOO to a heated skillet and stir fry the garlic and parsley.
- Once the garlic releases an aroma, add the prawns. Cook for 5-7 until minutes till it has color.
- Add in the mushrooms & cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cherry tomatoes + fettucine and toss everything in the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle some salt+pepper as desired.
- Divide into 2 bowls, garnish with parsley.
…And then be ready to get lucky 😉
From one girl to another, what are your ‘tips’ when it comes to finding a catch?