All through high school & university, I brought home relatively good grades. Considering I seemed to ‘love the library’, that’s probably no surprise. Although lately, some of the ditzy comments I’ve been coming out have just been embarrassing. Note to self: make more of an effort to keep up-to-date with current news.
Despite being a legend of his time, I know close to nothing about Elvis. I do recall Uncle Jesse from Full House idolising him…and what Elvis’s favorite sandwich was. Clearly I have all the important bases covered…clearly : a peanut butter, banana, + bacon sandwich. I may not be able to pop my hip like Mr. Presley, nor can I curl my lip whilst speaking ..but I sure can make a mean sandwich. Exhibit A: today’s breakfast:
The Ultimate French Toast Sandwich
- 2 egg-whites
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 slices bread
- Half a banana, cut lengthwise into 4
- Peanut butter
- Syrup of choice
- Whisk the egg-whites with cinnamon+ soy milk
- Dip both slices of bread in the egg mixture
- Coat a heated skillet with spray oil and fry both pieces of bread on each side until golden brown
- Once the eggy bread is cooked, remove from skillet and spread both slices with peanut butter
- Top each slice with the banana and sandwich together
- Re-heat the same skillet (less washing the better) and fry the sandwich for a minute on both sides, until both the peanut butter and banana seem gooey
- Plate your sandwich, top with Agave/maple syrup/honey, and dig in!