My cravings for foods in general are fairly tamed. I don’t really get those ‘oh my god I NEED to eat ___ ASAP’ urges. At least not until recently. Lately, my cravings for chocolate have been on fiyah! I’m talking about the kind of craving that needs to be satisfied after every meal or else it won’t shut up. And it doesn’t help that I have 4 different bars of Lindt staring at me every time I open the freezer: milk, white, 70%, and a box of those mini Lindt assortments. As if that wasn’t bad enough, these cravings started earlier than normal today. I kid you not, during my yoga class, I was thinking about chocolate. Only me, I tell you, only me!
To maintain the whole ‘healthy’ concept of breakfast, I tightened my belts and handled it in a more appropriate manner…with UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER. Before I share this breakfast in all its glory, did you know that unsweetened cocoa powder:
- Contains flavanoids which act as antioxidants against chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease
- Lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow (and hence has knock-on effects on your complexion)
- Elevates moods due to its content of phenylethylamine
- Packs in a mere 12 calories per tablespoon
Ok so back to the ingredients of this decadent breakfast:
- A few banana slices
- 1.5 generous tspns of unsweetened cocoa
- Natural yogurt
- Tablespoon of ground flax
- Drizzle of honey
- Shredded coconut
- Flaked almonds
A big bowl of guilt-free dessert for breakfast, what can I say: that’s just how I roll ;). Nesquik and Coco Pops, you have met your match! I’m ready to go back to bed right about now…purely so I can wake up and eat it all over again!
**Side-Note: If you have a problem with the clarity of the photo, speak to Blackberry 😆