Man, I’m so hungry right now, I feel like I could actually chew my arm off. Ok maybe I am exaggerating just a bit. Lunch is only half an hour away so I’m counting down. Technically I could eat as it is 1 PM but I have some weird mental block that lunch before 1:30 is too early. So I’m going to blog just to kill some time. On a separate note, do you ever have those days where you just want to eat even though you know you’re not hungry? I’m not going to lie, I do often eat for ‘the hell of it’ but I try to be sensible about it. Here’s a few of my suggestions for when the munchies hit:
- Engage in some kind of activity (e.g. sort out your cupboard, go for a walk, phone a friend). As well as getting your mind off food/hunger, you’re also being somewhat productive.
- Eat low-calorie/sugar-free sweets. Chupa Chups have been a godsend lately, especially as they last ages and are less than 50 kcals per piece.
- Drink tea, and a lot of it. Hunger is often mistaken for thirst so it might be worth it to check if you actually are hungry. And even if it is more than thirst, water does a body good.
- Eat regular, balanced meals to prevent that starved feeling- I’m hungry now, but not ravenous. A typical day for me is usually breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and snack/dessert.
- Set a time for your next meal. I’m less likely to graze unnecccesarily if I have something to look forward to.
- Carrots and cucumbers are the way forward- munch on those bad boys without any guilt.
- start a blog and update it regularly (yes yes, I’m kidding)